We have published a new video as part of the Frontity Talks series that we introduced a few weeks ago.
In this session, we explain some ES6 topics and
mars-theme. You can find more information right below the video.
This session was recorded in July 2020 and the topics chosen for this session are:
You can find more information about this in the docs.
You can use the video chapters below to easily access or rewatch the different parts of the video:
- 0:54 Introduction Topics: ES6 Topics
- 2:13 ES6 Topics: docs Key Concepts
- 3:30 ES6 Topics: overview
- 3:59 ES6 Topics: variables let & const
- 6:11 ES6 Topics: arrow functions
- 10:11 ES6 Topics: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/d…
- 12:30 ES6 Topics: default parameters
- 13:52 ES6 Topics: destructuring assignment
- 21:30 ES6 Topics: template strings
- 23:32 ES6 Topics: import & export
- 24:47 ES6 Topics: ES5 & ES6 bundle generation
Mars theme is meant to be considered a starter theme to show people how to use some of Frontity functionalities. You can check out its code and structure on Frontity’s GitHub repository and find it on npm.
If you want to learn more on how Frontity and
mars-theme works, check out the guide Understanding Mars Theme.
- 27:52 mars-theme
- 29:30 mars-theme: frontity.settings.js
- 30:07 mars-theme: frontity.settings.js → theme configuration
- 31:31 mars-theme: npx frontity dev
- 31:59 mars-theme: mars-theme/src/index.js
- 34:49 mars-theme: theme state variables
- 36:09 mars-theme: merge of theme project settings & theme settings
- 37:18 mars-theme: use of theme state variables
- 41:57 mars-theme: dynamic state variables through actions
- 49:03 mars-theme: use of loadable
- 50:53 mars-theme: pre-fetching strategy
- 58:08 mars-theme: pagination
- 1:03:15 mars-theme: final thoughts
Hope this episode is useful for you. If you want to watch any of our previous Frontity Talks, you can find them all in this Youtube playlist.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our channel and tap the notification bell 🔔 to get notified when new videos are out!