Welcome to our monthly roundup! We’re back with many interesting updates. Let’s take a quick recap!
A few weeks ago, we released the first stable version of the analytics packages:
This release includes other improvements, such as:
Slotcomponent which can be used to fulfill the “Slot and Fill” pattern.
<Link>component that allows theme developers to use it without having to create one or manually deal with the router.
- Special thanks to @nicholasio, @goiblas and @mdesignerco for their contributions. 💪
📝 Check out the release notes for more information and links to each feature.
Our DevRel team has created some Frontity examples for different use cases in the community:
- Contact Form in Footer: how to put a contact form (or any other content fetched from the WP REST API) in the footer of each page.
- Processors: a demo that showcases the use of processors in Frontity.
- Head Tags: this shows the use of the
The team at Awsm Innovations has rebuilt their company website with Frontity and it looks great! Check it out at awsm.in.
- In addition, they created this Frontity package to add support for their job listing WordPress plugin – WP Job Openings. 👏
- This is the case study they wrote to share their experience.
Yahya Makarim has developed a new, cool Frontity theme for fashion or other type of blogs that make a use of images to showcase their products. 👜
We’re pleased to announce the winning projects of the Frontity JSNation Competition:
- Linda Jean’s Restaurant MV by Artlytical Media.
- Cristina N: A personal site for a writer by Laura Pascual.
The source code and more details about their projects can be found in this blog post. Thank you to everyone who participated and congrats to the winners for their fantastic websites. 🏅
Stay tuned for more contests in the future!
At the beginning of July, our DevRel team launched a new series of videos called Frontity Talks with the goal of explaining different topics about Frontity.
- In the last session, JuanMa and Michael go through
mars-themeand the ES6 concepts that are widely used across Frontity.
- Watch the previous Frontity Talks in this playlist and suggest topics for the next videos with the hashtag #AskFrontity.
We finally moved the Showcase page to our website! 👉 View our new gallery at frontity.org/showcase.
Heliblocks: this is a very interesting tool created by Jesús Olazagoitia that allows you to create and share HTML and CSS snippets, which you can later insert and customize on any WordPress page. A perfect match to use with headless WordPress.
WordPress block patterns explained by Ellen Bauer (Elmastudio).
Who Owns WordPress? by Joel Abreo (rtCamp).
🔎 Looking for Frontity projects? Hiring developers? No need to reach out to us anymore. The new Jobs category of the forum is the place to post about it!
That is all the updates from July! If you want to receive our announcements and monthly roundups by email, subscribe to our newsletter.
Feel free to reach out and share your projects with us. We love hearing from you!
See you next month! 👋